Living In An Electronic World From E-Readers To E-Government
eBanking, eCommerce, eTickets, eGift Cards, and many more. We now live in a world where almost everything has become electronic. This is because of the reality that people love technology and find doing everything virtually or digitally irresistible, that even the simplest leisure activities are also done electronically – reading books being one.
An eBook is basically a book that is published and made available in electronic (hence the “e” in eBook) or digital form, which is accessible and readable on a dedicated e-reader or other electronic devices with screens such as computers, tablets, and smartphones.
In the American culture, the arrival and increase use of eBooks is part of a bigger story regarding the shift of printed material and publication towards a digital format. Also, the number of people who read eBooks increased after ownership of devices for reading eBooks have seen a major rise.
Why Use A Dedicated E-Reader for eBook Reading
While eBooks can be read using a computer, tablet or smartphone, many prefer a dedicated eBook reader. An e-book reader, or e-reader, is an electronic device that is lightweight and portable specifically designed for reading eBooks. They are most favored by eBook readers because of the amazing features it offers that other devices don’t, which makes eBook reading much more comfortable, convenient and enjoyable. Here are some:
- An e-reader consumes minimal power so its battery life is longer allowing it to run for longer hours, unlike other devices like tablets and smartphones. They don’t heat up too.
- The display screen of dedicated e-readers is optimized for extended hours of reading. Most e-readers make use of e-link displays wherein it closely imitate the look of ink on paper and aren’t strenuous on the eyes compared to most LED or LCD displays. Moreover, they are essentially glare-free and can be used even when under sunlight.
- Most e-readers allow you to download and store a minimum of 1,000 eBooks for future reading and where reading offline is also possible.
- Text too small? E-readers allow you to adjust the text size for better reading.
- Too lazy to read? Most e-readers have the text-to-speech feature wherein it reads aloud the texts for you and you simply listen to it.
- E-readers allow you to highlight, make notes, and your own annotations. It also comes with an automatic bookmark.
These are only some of the many features and benefits of using a dedicated e-reader that you can enjoy. What do you think? If you are interested in learning more about them, be sure to check out electronicbookreadingdevice.com.
Governments Have Gone Electronic Too – The Advantages of E-government
As mentioned earlier, we are living in world where just about everything is electronic making our lives easier. Information technology and the internet have indeed revolutionized the way people live that even governments have gone electronic. As with others that have become electronic, an e-government has its advantages as well. Here are some:
- e-Government, or electronic government, is the use of Information and Communication Technologies in the functions and procedures within a government to facilitate in increasing and bettering efficacy, transparency as well as civic participation.
- Primarily, implementing an e-Government will replace as well as optimize the Paper Based System which could save a huge amount of time, money as well as help the environment to a certain extent as the consumption of paper is greatly reduced.
- An e-Government can also be an efficient and cost-effective way to improve communications between business sectors and the government. E-procurement, for instance, as an auxiliary of e-Government services can facilitate and ease communications between B2B and G2G allowing small-scale businesses to vie with big-scale companies in terms of public tenders. For this reason, an e-government could create and provide an open as well as transparent market which in turn makes the economy stronger.